This qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
This qualification (or the skill sets derived from units of competency within it) is also suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.
Achievement of this qualification by trainers is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
Those entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
Local Entry requirements
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Qualification and Statement of Attainment
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, or its predecessor
Units of Competency
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is made up of 10 units of competency. They are:
- TAEDES401 Design and development learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAELLN411 Address adult Language Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
Face to face training for the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment upgrade program will be delivered over three days of face to face training.
In-House training This qualification can be customised to suit your organisation and delivered in a flexible format to suit your workplace requirements. Contact Trainwest for more information.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) This qualification can be attained via RPL. This pathway is suitable for candidates who have experience in training and assessment within a vocational context. For more information on the RPL pathway and initial application documentation please contact Trainwest.
Self-directed Learning For students who are unable to attend face to face training this qualification can be completed either via hard copy self-paced learning or online eLearning. As a self-directed student (SPL and eLearning), you receive ongoing remote support from Trainwest trainers. This is in the form of telephone and email communication. Face-to-Face training can be arranged at an additional fee
- $ 850.00 Return Trainwest Students
- $ 1000.00 New Students
- $ 600.00 Self directed learning
- $ 600.00 Recognition of Prior Learning
- $ 300.00 For two hours of personal coaching
Trainwest has interest free payment plans available for this qualification. For terms and conditions contact Trainwest.