Trainwest’s TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck training courses in Perth are scheduled bi-weekly with options for both new and experienced operators. Our forklift training course is delivered from our Skills Training Centre in Cockburn Central. Upon completion of the course, students will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck.
FORKLIFT TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW:
Our training course aims to provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge to undertake activities related to forklift operations as defined by the Work Health and Safety Regulations.
This forklift training course covers:
- Forklift types and uses
- Hazard identification and control measures
- Hierarchy of hazard control
- Correct isolation and tagging procedure
- Load charts, types and characteristics
- Lifting attachment types and uses
- Be able to plan work and manage risks
- Pre and post start checks
- Safe operation of the Forklift truck and correct driving techniques
- Manoeuvring in tight areas (Pivot Point & Rear End Swing)
- Operate in different environments
- Park safely and shut down
- Forklift stability
- Shift and manoeuvre a variety of loads including stacking and unstacking loads
Shutdown procedures and associated paperwork.
- Participants must provide identification and be atleast 18 years of age
- Ability to read and write basic English
- Ability to read and write basic maths
Experienced Operator/Refresher (1 day): This one-day refresher course is for anyone who has previously driven a forklift under the supervision of an employer or those who have held a forklift licence before. To participate in this training course, you must have basic English literacy and you must familiarize yourself with the pre-course training materials prior to attendance.
Additional forklift training maybe required if you do not meet and follow the above criteria and further costs will then apply.
Non-experienced Operator (2 days): This two-day course is designed for beginners or those operators with little to no experience driving a forklift.
On-site training and VOCs: Trainwest is able to come to your workplace to conduct forklift training with your employees. In addition, Forklift Verification of Competencies can be delivered on-site and at our training facility. Please contact 1300 938 411 for available dates and pricing.
CERTIFICATION: Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING DETAILS:
Location: All training is delivered at Trainwest Skills Training Centre; Unit 2 / 451 Yangebup Road, Cockburn Central near Perth.
Start Time: 7:30 am (Please arrive 15 minutes earlier for registration and ID check)
Finish Time: 3:00 pm
What to bring: 100 points of ID including minimum. 1 Photo ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence, Passport (current or expired no more than 2 years), WA proof of age card or other Australian Government -issued ID card with photo); Existing HRW licence
Clothing: Long sleeve shirt, long pants, safety boots
Payments are accepted via direct debit, credit card/EFTPOS, purchase order or cash
HIGH RISK WORK LICENCE: It is the student’s responsibility to submit applications to WorkSafe for the issuance/renewal of their high risk work licence.
WorkSafe High risk work licence Fees:
- Application for licence (new issue, variation or Interstate): $95.00
- Application for variation of licence: $74.55
- Application for renewal of licence: $50.40
- Application for replacement of lost or stolen licence: $63.00
*No GST is payable on fees
Trainwest is able to submit this application on your behalf for an additional admin fee of $25.
Construction Training Fund Rebate
The Construction Training Fund (CTF) assists the building and construction industry to remain efficient and competitive by supporting the training of workers in the industry. Subsidies are available to reduce training costs, making it easier for eligible businesses and employees to access the training they need when they need it.
The CTF Supplementary Skills Program provides support for eligible trainees across a range of approved Construction Skills, Occupational Health & Safety and Industry Skills courses.
Please contact https://bcitf.org/ to determine your eligibility.
WorkSafe High risk work licence
Find out about how to apply for, renew, or replace your High Risk Work Licence, https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/high-risk-work-licence
Please note: No GST is payable on fees
- Application for licence (new issue, variation or Interstate): $95
- Application for variation of licence: $71