What is the Safety for Supervisors Course?
This workshop aims to give those working within a supervisory role a greater understanding into the skills and knowledge required to contribute to identifying work health and safety hazards; assessing risks; and developing, implementing and evaluating risk controls appropriate to own job role and work area. Along with the skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor the organisation’s work health and safety policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area in order to meet legislative requirements
The safety for supervisors course has been aligned to the following units of competency when all assessment requirements are completed.
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies and procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
If students do not complete post course assessment requirements they will be issued with a non-accredited statement of attendance.
Face to Face: The face to face safety for supervisors training can be delivered over one or two days. The first day focuses on introducing the legislative framework for WHS with a focus on compliance and implementing policies and procedures that comply with WHS legislation. The second day has a focus on hazard and risk identification. Students are required to complete a workplace project after the face to face training. The volume of learning of a Certificate IV qualification is typically is typically six months to two years.
- $ 700.00 two days of face to face training
- $ 350.00 one day of face to face training
To enrol contact Trainwest