What is the Diploma of Work Health and Safety?
This BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification aims to give students the underpinning knowledge required to manage Work Health and Safety within the workplace.
The BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety is recommended for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation and are looking to further develop their skill sets.
This qualification reflects the role of practitioners who either currently hold a BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, or apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
With almost all industries now requiring a WHS professional in the team, this qualification is designed for people or organisations to provide formal qualifications as required by their industry, enabling you or a staff member to upskill and move forward in your career.
CTF funding is available for this course. Visit our funding page to see if you’re eligible or call 1300 938 411
All core units in BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies.
Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Units of competency
- BSBWHS504 Manage WHS risks
- BSBWHS508 Manage WHS hazards associated with plant
- BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
- BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
Face to face: The face to face component of the BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety is delivered over eight days, the course times are 8.30am until 4.00pm each day. Delivery consists of pre-course reading and familiarisation assessments, face to face delivery and self-paced assessments completed over a period of up to 24 months.
In-House training: This qualification can be customised to suit your organisation and delivered on-site. Contact Trainwest for more information.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Trainwest offers a personalised hand-holding RPL process. Whereby a training specialist will assess your evidence against the required competency standards for the qualification.
Self-Paced Learning (SPL): You receive hard copy learner guides and assessments to complete. It is your responsibility to return the completed assessments to Trainwest.
eLearning: All training is conducted online, through Trainwest’s eLearning portal. assessments are submitted directly through the eLearning portal. Hard copy learner guides can be purchased for an additional cost.
As a self-directed student (SPL and eLearning), you receive ongoing remote support from Trainwest trainers. This is in the form of telephone and email communication. Face-to-Face training can be arranged at an additional fee.
- $ 2400 New Students
- $ 2100 Trainwest Repeat students
- $ 1900 Self-Paced Learning
- $ 1900 eLearning
- $ 2000 Recognition of Prior Learning
- $ 300 2 hours of personal coaching
To enrol contact Trainwest