What is the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety?
This qualification is suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role that may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibilities for the output of others. This qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
With almost all industries now requiring a WHS professional in the team, this qualification is designed for people or organisations to provide formal qualifications as required by their industry, enabling you or a staff member to upskill and move forward in your career.
Trainwest’s BSB41419 Certificate IV Work Health and Safety course is recommended for job roles and titles across all industry sectors, some of which include
- Occupational Health and Safety Coordinators
- Occupational Health and Safety Officers
- Occupational Health and Safety Advisors
CTF funding is available for this course. Visit our funding page to see if you’re eligible or call 1300 938 411
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification. However, there is a significant amount of reading and writing during the course and access to a computer is required for assignments and internet-based research.
Units of competency
- BSBWHS412 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
Face to face: In order to gain the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety you will be required to attend five days of face to face training and complete a post course assignment. The post course assignment is comprised of assessments that enable you to apply the skills and knowledge you have gained from the course to your workplace or a simulated workplace environment. You have up to 24 months to complete your post course assignments and have access to ongoing trainer support.
In-House training: This qualification can be customised to suit your organisation and delivered on-site. Contact Trainwest for more information
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Trainwest offers a personalised hand-holding RPL process. Whereby a training specialist will assess your evidence against the required competency standards for the qualification.
Self-Paced Learning (SPL): You receive hard copy learner guides and assessments to complete. It is your responsibility to return the completed assessments to Trainwest.
eLearning: All training is conducted online, through Trainwest’s eLearning portal. assessments are submitted directly through the eLearning portal. Hard copy learner guides can be purchased for an additional cost.
As a self-directed student (SPL and eLearning), you receive ongoing remote support from Trainwest trainers. This is in the form of telephone and email communication. Face-to-Face training can be arranged at an additional fee.
- $ 2000 New Students
- $ 1700 Trainwest Repeat students
- $ 450 Upgrade Course
- $ 1500 Self-paced Learning
- $ 1500 eLearning
- $ 1600 Recognition of Prior Learning
- $ 300 for two hours of personal coaching
Course dates are subject to change
Course Calendar (Upgrade)
Course dates are subject to change